Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Before & After (two months post-op)

Today marks 2 months post-op! Not much has changed since my last post, so there's not a lot to update you on. But in honor of making it to the other side of of the jaw surgery saga, my fiance took some pictures of me and my new (un-swollen) face today. I threw them together with some pictures taken almost exactly a year ago, thus giving you a good visual of the before and after.

Smiles
My smile before was pretty gummy. I used to open my mouth a little while smiling to pull my top lip down and hide some of those gums; doing this before made my smile a lot bigger, but doing it now hides my top teeth. So I'm left with a smaller smile, but also a not-gummy smile. I'll take it :)

Profiles
My profile has much improved as a result of the surgery. I now have a chin and even a bit of a jaw line, both of which I never had before. Towards the beginning of my recovery, my nose was a smidgen upturned, but I think it's returned to normal now. One of the nicest results of the surgery is being able to close my mouth at rest—something which was practically impossible pre-op; you can sorta see the difference in these shots.


All in all, I was plenty happy with the before. And while it took a while to get used to (heck, I'm still getting used to it), I'm certainly pleased with the after as well. 


3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! Well done! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo Beautiful you look like a lil young lady simply gorgeous!!!!! My smile too is smaller but overall Im Lovin It #inmymcdondaldsvoice!!! Hey did you get my email in your older post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this useful information please check my blog also Will Jaw Surgery Change my Face in Islamabad

    ReplyDelete