Tuesday, April 2, 2013

28 Days Later


It's been 28 days since surgery, or 4 weeks, or 1 month, depending on how you want to count it. I'm glad to say the video is a little shorter this time around, but it's still eight minutes that you might not have to spare. So, again, I'll sum it up:

  • Week #4 has been the best week by far: having the splint out has made a big difference
  • My pain has been really low. I only take ibuprofen once in a while.
  • I'm sleeping through the night consistently without Lorazapam. I tried sleeping laying completely flat for the first time this week and got horrible indigestion, so I'll wait and try that again later on.
  • The numbness is finally going away! It comes with a severe itchy feeling all over my face, but it's well worth it in exchange for nerves that work.
  • My energy is still on the low side lately. I'm thinking it has to do with this low calorie liquid diet; hopefully I'll be more energetic once I can chew bread and pasta and other yummy carbs in 2 weeks.
  • Either because of asymmetrical swelling or a surgeon's mistake (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the former), I've noticed that my face is a bit lopsided, as my chin seems to lie more on the left side of my face than the right side. Uh oh? Neh, oh well...
  • I'm not used to wearing my glasses, and therefore adjust them annoyingly throughout—whoops!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're week 4 already, it just shows how quick the time is going! You're looking great! :) x

    ReplyDelete